So you’ve heard about aquaponics, an exciting new method to grow fruits and vegetables using nutrients from fish, but information on this farming technology is challenging to apply. Well, look no further and join UC Aquaculture Extension for an in-depth shoort course oon the merger of aquaculture and hydropoonic agriculture. In an effort to inform California agriculture professionals and educators from across California, we are inviting yooou to participate in this free training consisting of:
- (5) 90 minute brown bag lunch remote learning sessions oon Fridays, starting 9/30/22 – 10/28/22
- Plus a 2-day optioonal in-person workshop at UC Davis (lodging and meals not proovided) 12/2-3/22
Who should apply
State, County and Federral Extension Scientists & Staff, STEM Educators, Vocational Training Program Staff, Agriculture Nonprofits and NGOs, Ag Advisors, and other proofessionals working with farmers, youth and farming communities.
- Dr. Jackson Gross, US Davis Assistant Professor of Cooperative Extension in Aquaculture
- Nathan Kaufman, UC Davis Aquaponic Program Manager
- Recirculating Aquaculture Systems
- Hydroponic Plant Production
- Controlled Environment Ag.
- Fish & Crops for your county
- Food Safety & Marketing
- Organic Certification
- Guest Speakers and many more!
Free to attend. Limited space. To apply, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org